Friday, June 8, 2012

a (nibbling) problem


Y'all, it looks like there's an issue.

I'm having a small nibbler issue, mainly due to DEER.

Having woods as part of your backyard makes little critters a typical sight you see every day; bunnies and baby deer and chipmunks and squirrels make life very cute. But one thing I have to hate is when deer decide that my plants are yummy to eat. UGH!

I've tried everything... deer repellent (which is pretty much a mix of bad smells), pet hair, and netting at night. My mom and I put up some little canisters around and they helped for about 4 weeks and then I found this sight early in the morning:

SO SAD.
no more buds! :(
BLEH.

I don't know for sure the brand of the repellent because my mom threw the package away before I got a good look, but it appears like all of their magic has run out. I am at my wit's end. I guess it's back to draping a net over the plants at night and then taking it off during the day.

Blogging world, do you have any idea of what else we can do to ward off deer? Any natural products that work really well? Any advice and help will be much appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment