Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Baby me and my Pops!
Dear Pops,

It's a day to celebrate you, everything you've done as a Dad, and a day that we all get to eat barbecue because it's your favorite. But really, I want to thank you for everything you've done for me.

You've gone through a lot of hardships that I've only started to learn about. You've stopped a cycle of abuse in your family and rose above what the "norm" was for your time. I am so proud of you.

You've stood by me and helped me with anything from friend problems to math problems. You were there to tell me to be tough, stand up for myself, and to not take any crap from anyone. You have been there to be my shoulder to cry on, even if you hate seeing me cry and get really awkward about it. Even though you try to put on this 'tough guy' persona, I know deep down you're just a sensitive and caring guy.

We have great laughs and great talks. You brushed and braided my hair in elementary school and always had cookies after soccer practice. You've always been there for me and I know that it will continue even after I move 1,000 miles away.

I just want to thank you for being a great Dad. Love you.

Love, Your Daughter

Hope y'all have a great Father's Day with your Father figures! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aw, such a sweet post (and yes, Father's Day is partly about BBQ here too xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think barbecue is the universal Father's Day food haha!

      Delete
  2. Aww! Such a beautiful post- and adorable picture!

    ReplyDelete