Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My best haircut

I have always had long hair.


a better picture of my hair with my best friend Marilyn!
The first major haircut I got was when I was 10 year's old and I got over a foot of my hair cut off. Weird? Hell yes. I donated my hair to a charity that makes wigs for children with medical hair loss and it was awesome. Still, my hair was well below my shoulders. 

After I graduated college, I decided to cut my hair again. This time it was 11 inches and I got my hair cut into a long bob! It was a pretty freaky experience for me! I had never had my hair that short and even though it was just hair, I had such an emotional attachment that I started doubting myself. Would I look good with short hair? What can I do with it? Will I even still look like a girl?! Honestly my hairdresser Meagan did a GREAT job! I couldn't be more happy with it.


Once I cut my hair, I again donated my hair to charity through Locks of Love. I decided to share this story for all the people out there scared to cut their hair short... DO IT!! I love having short hair and being able to walk outside and not have my neck feel on fire. Yeah, thick and long hair can be a pain in the ass around summer time.

I'm here to tell y'all though -- cut your hair short and flaunt it this summer! Hair will always grow back and the satisfaction of helping people with a donation is so awesome. 

Have you ever done something with your hair you never thought you would?

1 comment: