Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Update V.4

Another blog hop! I'm also going to take this moment to apologize for being MIA and having my blog posts be somewhat sloppy. I ended up going on a last-minute road trip with the family to Wisconsin to visit my grandpa! He had a fall a week before we got there so it was a visit + make sure Grandpa is comfortable trip. He seems to be getting better.

So I'll be back to commenting and blogging like normal! :)




Friday: After visiting Grandpa in the morning, my parents and I went wine tasting while my little brother drove us around! It was really nice going around and some of the wines were deeeelicious (I love the strawberry chocolate one)! Afterwards we went to my uncle and aunt's place for some steaks and Western movie watching + beer drinking.




Saturday: We left around noon after saying good-bye to everyone. It wasn't a bad ride back home, but we did drive the full 12 hours and got home around 2 in the morning. Let me tell you, Ohio is THE most boring state to ever drive through. Bleh!




Sunday: Woke up early and spent the day cleaning. I only have two weeks left until I move so I have to go through EVERYTHING. It's a huge pain in the ass. But homemade coffee cake and Daisy make cleaning up not so bad! :D




What did y'all do this weekend?


7 comments:

  1. I hope your grandpa continues to get better. That's really awesome that you went to visit him. And these pictures are so pretty. Looks like such pretty land. We don't have many open spaces in Southern California :/

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope he does too. We were kind out in the middle of no where but Wisconsin has BEAUTIFUL rolling hills. You should definitely go out there if you ever get a chance! :)

      Delete
  2. Hope your grandpa is feeling better! I'm moving at the end of August and feel like I have to start my packing now just so I stay organized and keep my sanity. That coffee cake looks delish! Visiting from Weekend Update Link up.

    Chris
    chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Packing is such a chore when you actually have to move... it's not like packing for a fun vacation!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your grandpa is on the mend. I'm sure seeing his loving family definitely is helping his healing process.

    I hear you on the boring state to drive through. I live in Chicago, but once you get out of the metro area Illinois is such a boring, flat, sightless state to navigate. I went to college in central Illinois and getting there from the city only took about 2 hours, but it often felt like 5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope he continues to heal, too. I was actually surprised as to how much Illinois looked like Wisconsin! I have only been to Chicago but it's still pretty out there with the open fields. Ohio only takes 4 hours to go through... feels like you spend the whole day there!

      Delete
  4. haha aww the photos look pretty!

    ReplyDelete