Monday, June 10, 2013

Currently [1]

(via)
Reading: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It's taken me about two weeks to get half-way done (embarrassing, I know) but I am so obsessed with it. I read about two chapters a night and have wonderful dreams of this Le Cirque des RĂªves, which is so vivid with Morgenstern's prose and imagery. I'm far from done with this book, but I highly recommend it.

Listening: 1994 by Jason Aldean. I listen to this song every day on the way to work and for some reason it always pumps me up. Mix in some random country songs from the local radio station and I'm ready to tackle my day!

Smelling: Nothing, actually! Apartment has not been cleaned so there is no lemon freshness wafting in the air.

Watching: Bridezillas on Netflix. They just posted Season 9 and it's one of my favorite guilty pleasure shows. These ladies are so crazy but so addicting.

Eating: Strawberries! Just picked some up from the store and I snack on them like they're going out of style. Makes my miss my mini strawberry plants from last summer, though. ):

Needing: Nothing. Which is a damn good feeling!

Wishing: That I could go camping by the lake soon. I know I don't seem like a "nature" girl, but the weather has been so lovely and I'm craving the wilderness for some reason. Call me crazy, but I would love to go on a camping adventure right now.

Thinking: Events from the past week that have put me in an emotional tailspin. Several co-workers have been through some horrible situations, and a gentleman who works for me recently got diagnosed with cancer. It's a lot to deal with and I'm trying to not let it affect me in front of everyone. It just makes me so sad and wish I could help everyone out, but sometimes there is really nothing you can do. Just be there for someone and let time help heal.

Loving: Sundays off in the warm June weather. These days off are very welcomed. ;)

What are you enjoying currently?

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back! I've really missed these "currently" posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is really impactful.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete